



For my photo documentary, I plan to document the subculture of the cafe-goers in Saratoga. More specifically, I’m going to take pictures of the people who work at and frequent Saratoga Coffee Traders. From what I can gather, this group of people includes college students, intellectual homeless people, wealthy tourists, and just regular townies. I have always found the “Coffee Traders crowd” to be an likable although rather elusive group of people that will hopefully prove interesting to photograph.
There are a wealth of things to photograph at Coffee Traders, ranging from coffee to bins of colorful vintage candy to just interesting-looking people hanging out. Given the friendly and accommodating aura of these cafe-goers, I don’t predict having difficulties photographing them. In order to seem more casual and less like an intrusive photojournalist, I might try talking to them for a bit before I commence picture-taking. This way, they will be less inclined to change my behavior when photographing them.
The attached reference photographs have both the subject matter and the warm aura that I'm trying to attain.
No comments:
Post a Comment